ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Abdullah Kauchali <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject Re: Advice sought: Designing cached User Session objects
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:47:57 GMT
Hi Clinton,

(Thanks for commenting - really appreciated.)

Is your suggestion that we'd rather interface with OSCache directly (and
separately) instead of relying on the integrated iBatis approach?  Can
you briefly explain how that would afford us better performance
instead?  (To be honest, I'd feel more comfortable :) to stick with the
existing integrated architecture of iBatis' caching!)

Also, we had prototyped a "hack" in a 1.3.x release of iBatis where we
modified iBatis code to mutate the cached object directly (I recall
asking whether a public API could be made available ...).  That "hack"
seemed to work, but the project never really got off the ground and so
we couldn't test it in controlled environment.  Would that approach not
be advisable to take with the latest version of iBatis?

Thanks once again for your assistance,

Kind regards,

Abdullah