ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Philippe Laflamme <philippe.lafla...@mail.mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: Oracle + iBATIS: more details
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:06 GMT
Brian,

I've experienced differences between JDBC executed vs Toad executed
statements. If I remember correctly, our issue at the time was due to
differences in connection variables: Toad and the JDBC connection did
not have exactly the same connection settings. You might want to look at
connection variables to make sure they're identical.

You probably know all of this but here are a few suggestions...

What you first need to do is isolate the problem *outside* of your web
app. There are too many differences between a WebApp executed statement
vs Toad...

I'd setup the statement in these environment:
1- Toad
2- SQL*Plus
2- Plain JDBC
3- iBatis only (no webapp)

Using SQL*Plus will allow you to know if Toad is doing something fancy.
Your Plain JDBC setup will allow you to know if your WebApp is altering
your JDBC connections or statements, etc.

You'll waste a great amount of time if you keep comparing high level
executed query (web, java, iBatis, jdbc) vs a very low level query (Toad
uses native Oracle client librairies): there are just to many
differences between the two...

Also, you state that the statement "will not complete until the first
one does". Is the first statement a SELECT statement or are you altering
the data (UPDATE, INSERT, etc.)? If so, play with concurency settings on
your connection (java.sql.Connection.TRANSACTION_*)...

Hope this helps,
Philippe