ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis for php
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:00:02 GMT
When we do a port to php it will be using php 5. The reason is that
php 5 has the neccessary components needed to create ibatis. php 4 has
a very immarture object oriented approach and it's xml support is not
as strong as php 5.

see the difference at the following links...

PHP 4 OO:
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/language.oop.php

PHP 5 OO:
http://us4.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.php

XML 4 vs. 5:

http://www.zend.com/php5/articles/php5-xmlphp.php

I would strongly recommend that any new development you do should use php 5.

Brandon