ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing the Dao or the DaoManager in the application context
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:34:26 GMT
Do something like the following. Then you simply call the static
getDaoManager() method.

package com.foo.myapp.dao.sqlmap;

import com.ibatis.common.resources.Resources;
import com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoManager;
import com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoManagerBuilder;

import java.io.Reader;

public class DaoConfig {

  private static final DaoManager daoManager;

  static {

    try {
      String resource = "com/foo/myapp/config/dao.xml";
      Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
      daoManager = DaoManagerBuilder.buildDaoManager(reader);
    } catch (Exception e) {
      throw new RuntimeException("Could not initialize DaoConfig.
Cause: " + e);
    }
  }

  public static DaoManager getDaomanager() {
    return daoManager;
  }

}

Brandon