ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Karen Koch <kmk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject iBATIS DAO question
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:29:40 GMT
Up until now, I have been keeping my dao.xml file in the classpath of my web
application, which, as the doc says, is nice for location transparency reasons.
 However, once the app is deployed, if I want to add a data source or three
(common with our "hosted" app which serves multiple clients, each with their
own database), I need to edit that file to add a new context, which requires a
rebuild and redeployment.  It would be nice if I could edit the file without
redeploying the app, as I can with context.xml to actually add the JNDI
resource.

Is my best bet to use the FileReader() constructor with a hard-coded path?
(Bad for a different reason, obviously, but it solves the above problem...)
Any other ideas for achieving this kind of maintainability after deployment?

Thanks in advance!
Karen Koch
IDC, Chicago, IL