ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struggling with insertion of Clob into the database. PS:
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:11:40 GMT
Hi All,

We need a proper implementation explanation for LOBs with IBatis. I am really wasting a lot
of
time.  Please advice.

Andrey you are right we need a clear implementation defn for iBatis.  When i search for "IBatis
CLOB" in google in dont get any page that gives the proper implementation explanation.

Thanks in advance

Prashanth.

--- Andrey Rogov <konus@i-c.com.ua> wrote:

> Hi Prashanth,
>
> Some months ago I sent a letter about CLOB supporting to Clinton.
> He sad me that LOB where not supported well! He sad, he hoped to solve
> this problem with custom type handlers that will allow to deal with
> LOBs as I like.
> That's why I've been reading LOB's by my 'fingers' ( without iBatis.
> ), but, also I want to use iBatis in a whole!
>
> Let's ask Clinton about LOB;s support now,
>
> <statement id="LobSupport">
>    is IBatis read Lobs ?
>    <isEqual property='YES'>
>        Long Live iBatis !
>    </isEqual>
>    <isNotEqual property='YES'>
>        We want bread & sight & LOBS !
>    </isNotEqual>
> </statement>
>
> Andrey.
>
> PS> Hi Andrey,
>
> PS> I am able to get this working without ibatis this way, the normal JDBC way.
> PS> Do i have to do the same in iBatis in order to get the Large String written into
CLOB field.