ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Temesgen Habtemariam <temesge...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connection Proxy Authentication
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:40:36 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to evaluate if IBATIS will work with a DB security requirements on our project.
We use Oracle DB and WLS. Our application is required to make database user authentication
on all queries/updates. The only way we can do this and support connection pooling is by using
Oracle’s OracleOCIConnectionPool DataSource. OracleOCIConnectionPool Datasource can return
a connection proxy that is bound to specific user with something like:

Connection c = dataSource.getProxyConnection (String proxytype, Properties userProp);

All our database access has to be through a connection proxy that is bound to a specific user
with an account in the database. Meaning we can't just use getConnection method to get a connection
from the datasource. We have to use getProxyConnection and pass specific information about
the requesting user.

I am kind of new to IBATIS so before I spend a lot of effort can anyone tell me if this is
something IBATIS can be configured to handle.

Thanks!!