ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brett Gorres <bgor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Groundbreaking favicon.ico Theory, Re: Ibatis vs Jaxor
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:54:54 GMT
Can you judge a book by its cover?
Maybe a favicon.ico tells you all you need to know about Ibatis vs Jaxor...

(see attached PNG or references below.)

My preliminary findings:
- the iBATIS icon is larger
- the iBATIS icon is more flexible (it can be used in both large and small contexts)
- the Jaxor icon is leaner (and looks to be more aerodynamic) but I'm not sure if it is also
meaner. (I'm not gonna mess with that iBATIS icon!  Ouch!)
- they are both pretty cool looking.
- at that 16 x 16 resolution, Jaxor requires a closer look.  (both of you icons: what the
heck are you, anyway?)

You may be thinking, "Not very scientific."

Someone pls feel free to examine the ico files more closely...  I think I'm on to something.
(What software was used to create each of them?  I am over budget now.)

Here is my favicon.ico theory in its simplest form:
"You can tell a lot about someone by the favicon.ico file in their root directory."
There I said it.

Probably could have sold this concept to Jakob Nielson, but I choose to open source it.  Anyone
want to co-author that favicon book with me?  : )

-Brett