ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brett Gorres <bgor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBCRealm using iBATIS?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:47:28 GMT
Thanks for the tips guys.  I've read Matt's blog in
the past and tried out appfuse--I think it was based
on his recommendation that I bought a certain Wiley
o.s. Java book.  So must try Acegi now.

Bummer about 1st time setup.  I am capable but it's a
pet peeve.  For similar reasons I have migrated all my
important work to OS X.  I don't like gratuitous busy
work and/or config files, or vendor lock-in!!

My experience w/ IoC frameworks for production use has
been limited to picocontainer.  Haven't fully grasped
how I would leverage Spring as opposed to the way I do
things without it, but perhaps in time...

Does anyone know enough to recommend the (new?) apress
Spring book?  As I recall, there may be a section on
Spring in the aforementioned Wiley book, but I haven't
taken time to work through it.

Maybe it's just me, but the less crazy configuration I
have to do to get my HelloCrazyWorld applications
going, the more likely I will get comfortable with
said framework(s).

So much more so if someone like Matt or Clinton puts
together war/ear files or decent documentation as they
have done.  I have always appreciated that...

-Brett

http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AppFuseAuthentication