ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brett Gorres <bgor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Calling all ibatis + Derby / Cloudscape users [SOLVED]
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:04:35 GMT
Thanks, Clinton for unit testing Derby + ibatis and
noting your successes here.  That was encouraging.

I learned today that I could alleviate my error by
prepending "APP." schema name to those problematic
table names in my SQL.  I will read up on that before
I using embedded Derby in another app.*  Otherwise,
everything went smoothly.

(I had sampled various eclipse db / derby plugins and
command-line SQL abilities when I created those
tables.)

Also, apparently in the SQL spec and various RDBMS
implementations, your schema names are sometimes
interpreted in case sensitive aNd/or case INsensitive
manner.  I didn't know that was so important.

*Meanwhile, my client has decided AGAINST using
Derby/Cloudscape in favor of Oracle 9i Lite for this
project.  Fair enough.  They have the licenses.

As for me, I will keep an eye on Derby; this was not a
bad intro all things considered.

And thanks to ibatis I won't dread swapping in
different databases.  Be agile.  Embrace change.

Later!

Regards,
-Brett