ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Michael Klaene <mkla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: UI for iBatis
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:09:42 GMT
About a month ago, I decided that I wanted to reintroduce myself to Swing as it has been a
number of years since I've toyed with it.  Wanting to do something constructive, I decided
I would try to build a gui tool for creating/editing the .xml files for iBatis SQL Maps.

I am determined to get it done eventually, but can't say when.  It's so preliminary that I
have no working form available yet.  My idea is that it will accomplish two tasks:

1.) Allow you to edit/create a SqlMapConfig and SqlMap xml files.  Almost exactly the same
way that James Holmes' Struts Console does.

2.)Upon entering/editng a select statement in a SqlMap, allow you run/display results in a
table-like fashion for both (tab 1) sql and (tab 2) the Java object.

I was thinking that a good deal of the code needed to parse xml, execute SqlMaps, etc.  is
already written for me in the iBatis jars.

Again, I plan on having some working version done in the coming months, but probably no sooner.

Mike

Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
we have had some discussion about a visual mapping tool for ibatis. As
of yet, noone on the team has taken it on. There is a tool written for
the jasmine ide. I haven't used it, so, i don't know the depth of
capability.

http://wiki.apache.org/ibatis/3rd_20Party_20Contributions

Brandon