ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Akins, Greg" <gak...@amervideo.com>
Subject More multiple datasource questions
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:55:58 GMT
I am using SqlMaps 2, but am not using IbatisDAO.

I have two implementations of a base DAO class each of which points to a
different database

DatabaseOne reads from a table and some lookup tables to build an object
with a couple associated collections.

My application writes that object to DatabaseTwo.

No problems so far.

What I'd like to do is retrieve the lookup values from DatabaseOne, even
though I'm reading the main record from DatabaseTwo.

Given this sqlMap

<resultMap id="getWareResult" class="ware" >
<result property="id" column="WareId" />
<result property="laserId" column="LaserId" />
<result property="mold" column="mold_id" />
<result property="avpId" column="AvpId" />
</resultMap>
<statement id="getWares" resultMap="getWareResult" >
select WareId, LaserId, MoldId, AvpId
from Ware
where AvpId = #id#
</statement>

And a Java object that has
Private Mold mold ; (rather than Integer MoldI)

I'd like to implement a Java method to getMoldById (rather than using a
sqlMap; because the datasource will be different... I'll be getting the
main record locally and retrieving the lookup records elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Greg Akins
Software Engineer
Sony Electronics, STP Systems