ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nathan Maves <Nathan.Ma...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Dao unit testing?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:44:19 GMT
Kris,

I am really close to getting everything to work with dbunit.
Everything works fine from an Ant task. I created my first Junit test
and this is where the trouble started.

public class UserDaoTest extends DatabaseTestCase {
     private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog(UserDaoTest.class);
     private DaoManager daoManager = DaoConfig.getDaomanager();
     private UserDao userDao = (UserDao)
daoManager.getDao(UserDao.class);
     public UserDaoTest(String testName) {
         super(testName);
     }

     protected IDatabaseConnection getConnection() throws Exception {
         log.debug("Creating Connection");
         Properties props =
Resources.getResourceAsProperties("giveservice/resources/
database.properties");
         SimpleDataSource dataSource = new SimpleDataSource(props);
         IDatabaseConnection connection = new
DatabaseDataSourceConnection(dataSource);
         DatabaseConfig config = connection.getConfig();
         config.setFeature(DatabaseConfig.FEATURE_QUALIFIED_TABLE_NAMES,
true);
         return connection;
     }

     protected IDataSet getDataSet() throws Exception {
         log.debug("Read DataSet");
         return new
XmlDataSet(Resources.getResourceAsStream("dbunit/GST_USERS.xml"));
     }

	testMothods.....
}

Everything runs fine but I can never see the data that should get
inserted into the db.  Hence all of my test fail!

Does everything look ok to you?

Can you send me any example that is like this?

Nathan