ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Horgen, Scott" <SHor...@infoed.org>
Subject SOAP attachement (pdf) stored into a db field
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:09:51 GMT
I have a SOAP service that I would like to receive and store both XML
based messages and their corresponding MIME attachments, in particular
large, 20+ MB file sizes directly into a database "image" type field in
MS-SQL.  I can easily direct the attachement to a file:

private void persistToFile(AttachmentPart ap,int partNum, String
persistToDirectory) {
		java.io.InputStream content = null;
		FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = null;
		File attachFile = null;
		byte[] buffer = new byte[10000];
		int len ;

		try {
			attachFile = new File(persistToDirectory +
"\\NIHReply_" + partNum + "_" + (new Date().getTime()) + ".pdf");
			fileOutputStream = new
FileOutputStream(attachFile);
			content = (java.io.InputStream)ap.getContent();
			streamCopy(content, fileOutputStream);
			partNum++;
			fileOutputStream.close();
		} catch(Exception ex) {
			ex.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

Where ap is an AttachmentPart object of type
javax.xml.soap.AttachmentPart.

But, it is unclear how to proceed with this large stream in iBattis,
which I am using just fine in the rest of my webservice.

Thanks,

Scott