ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Anad Fida <amad.f...@gmail.com>
Subject queryForMap from resultMap
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:43:58 GMT
I have a Domain Object as following,

public class Account {

    private long accountKey;
    private String accountName;
    private String userName;
    private Date lastUpdateDate;

   // Holds account attribute name - values
    private Map accountAttributes;

   // Setters/Getters........

}

I have accounts, attributes, account_attributes tables, you know the
usual relationships. My problem is in order to get the Account and for
each account, I need to get  its attribute map.

One option is to get all the accounts and then for each account i get
its attributes as name, value pair using "queryForMap("queryID",
account.getKey(), "Name", "Value"). But I have around 50, 000 accounts
and for each account I have to run this extra query so could end up
running 50, 001 queries.

I was hoping that I could use this queryForMap from accounts resultMap as
<resultMap id="getAccounts">
<result property="accountAttributes" column="accountKey"
select="getAccountAttributeMap">,
</resultMap>

but i want to specify the property for key and property for value, for
this "getAccountAttributeMap".  I am not sure how to do that from SqlMap?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Amad