ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From friendVU admin <maill...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: Help with Query in mapping
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:29:01 GMT
Gregg D Bolinger wrote:

>The statement I have so far, and it works, but I need to add to it but
>I am afraid that just supplying all the AND's in the WHERE clause is
>not very good design.  I should probably be using some sort of join.

I am not sure what you are saying. WHERE is a JOIN! Same thing!

If it helps you I ALLWAYS write my sql 1st in a SQL admin type tool
(every DB engine has one). To get the sytnax and make sure what I am
getting.
If you worry about performance, ... then you can do a show plan. Likely
unless you start into millions of records that you do not want to worry
about it too much, DB engine will just stick it in RAM.

Else, I am not sure what your concern is/was.

.V

ps: if your issue has no one assigned or no status, that querry would
not return those records... unless you switch to outher joins.