ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kris Jenkins <krisajenk...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: late DS selection
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:55:37 GMT
Oh my God!  Have you asked your DBAs to set up a 4th database, which
tells you which table is where, when?  Or a 5th database, which tells
you which database contains the master list of which table is on which
database?  Or have you tried shooting your DBAs?

My first suggestion (outside of bullet therapy) would be, does your
database support links to remote objects?  For example, if you were
using Oracle, you could just work on one database instance and create
synonyms to the remote objects.  It would be much easier to maintain.
Heck, you could even put the responsibility for maintaining the synonyms
on your DBAs.  That'd show 'em. :-)

Iff your db supports it, of course...

Kris

--