ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Abdullah Kauchali <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and EJB
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:31:24 GMT

friendVU admin wrote:

> Did you ask if distributed 2 phase commits are done without EJB?
> Of course! You can do that in iBatis by itself. And in Tomcat or Resin
> by itself.
> sqlMap or JBDC.commit() or rollback().
> Or even in SQL by itself.

No, no ... I know we can do 2-phase commits without EJB's.  What I'm
asking is whether
it is possible to create *one* implementation of a DAO that behaves
differently when under
an EJB context and differently when *outside* an EJB context?

I'll give you an example:

Suppose there is an insertProducts SQLMap with its appropriate DAO class
that manages
the execution of the insert statement *but* in a local transaction
scenario only.  Now,
suppose we want to expose that same SQLMap to other development
environment that
want to participate with insertProducts transactionally but with 2PC.
Is it possible to wire only the
EJB specific classes on top and deploy it, or do you have to create an
entirely separate
DAO that has EJB logic in it and then dish out that new API to the
external developers?

Sorry for the confusion .... It's not a serious question ... yet ...I am
under stress here on
another stupid project ... I keep reading the iBatis stuff because it is
too interesting.  :)

Regards

Abdullah