ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vincent <vinc...@xaymaca.com>
Subject Small victories
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:45:22 GMT
Hey Gang,
just wanted to share some success that I have had using a
struts/ibatis/mysql combo. I was tasked by my employer to create a
client portal that allowed them to control aspects of their "stuff".
I had already decided to do it in Struts/JSP using the good old
MVC methodology. Originally I was going to use hibernate since I had
used it before with some success. But in this case the database was
"Legacy" and changing it required many levels of approval. Ibatis is a
much easier tool to use when you have an existing db, I've found. Anyway
I just had a demo at a trade show and it went very well.
Here is a letter from the VP of sales regarding the show:

"First of all the show in NY went great!!!!

I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for your hard work on the
client portal. I just got back from the show and the feedback was
fantastic!!!! Everyone that we presented the portal to was extremely
impressed and said it will be a big benefit to them. The clients said
that they do not know of anyone else that has this kind of tool and are
really looking forward to using it on their future projects.

I know how hard everyone worked on this and I just wanted each of you to
know how much I appreciate the effort."

I just wanted to share these small victories with all the developers
that working hard on making OSS tools world class products.
Thanks,
Vincent

--
Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend,
but my greatest friend is truth.