ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From friendVU admin <maill...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: Flexible ResultMaps (Again)
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:24:47 GMT
Huy wrote:

>    have a single resultmap for an entire table/domain class mapping
> which can be  reused in multiple <select> statements without the
> select statement providing every column specified in the result map.

I do get what you want... having done quite a few iBatis projects, I
allways have only one result map!
Like in Groovy and Associtavie Arrays(Flash) you want to be loosly typed.

And.... it's supported feature:

<select    id="joinId"  resultClass="java.util.HashMap" >
    select
        max(id) as id, bla, bla2 ....

I allways use HashMap.
I get back a list of Maps, very cool.
And like other loosly typed langages, I do not write gets. and sets
anymore.
(I used to bind collections to Struts, and now I do it to Swing Data
Model - via Hessian).
Many times I just do select * and display a JTable!!!
And I can change any of the layerss.

So try that can call me in the morning.

.V