ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vamsee Kanakala <vamli...@gmail.com>
Subject DBCP Object not closed?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:59:54 GMT
Hello,

       I am using iBATIS through Tomcat DBCP for connection pooling.
But, I have this error when I'm trying to do some inserts through my
application:

DBCP object created 2005-02-04 16:19:47 by the following code was never
closed:
java.lang.Exception
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedTrace.setStackTrace(AbandonedTrace.j
ava:157)
                at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(AbandonedObj
                ectPool.java:76)
                        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSo
                        urce.java:95)
                                at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
                                .java:540)
                                        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.init(JdbcTr
                                        ansaction.java:45)
                                                at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.getConnecti
                                                on(JdbcTransaction.java:78)
                                                        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeUp

date(GeneralStatement.java:73)

And, tomcat is stalling after a few inserts and updates. A bit of
googling told me that I have to close my connection objects so that they
return to the pool, but how do I do this in iBATIS?

TIA,
Vamsee.