ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate Key in Db
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:07:44 GMT
To be honest... that sounds like a bad decision. Using database error
codes to determine application flow is very subjective and dangerous.
I could see passing a human readable error up to the user of the app
and using a lookup of some sort to make assist in the process. But, I
would NEVER base my application flow on the database error codes being
passed back. Sorry, but that seems like a really lame idea.

Brandon