ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kris Rasmussen <kristapes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Extending a parameter map and column attributes?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:14:54 GMT
I don't know if phasing out parameter maps is such a good idea. Right now they are not very
useful because you can't do the things I suggested, however if you could then when you use
them and change a method name in your java bean you would only have to chage your parameter
map and not every statement that uses the java class. I think they would be great if they
could do these things. Right now I am having a hell of a time having to update all my insert
and update statements when the java beans change.

Kris

Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
Both are good suggestions (please add them to JIRA).

The reason behind why there hasn't been much development or evolution
around Parameter Maps is twofold:

1) They're a lot simpler than result maps, and require less configuration.

2) Very few people use the
element. You can do
everything with inline parameters now (#prop,attr1=val1,att2=val2#
etc.).

I'm dreaming of a day when both the
and
elements disappear!