ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DaoManager reconnection
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:39:15 GMT
If I understand your question properly....your database went down and
your connections are now "stale" or otherwise invalid.  With a
connection pool, you shouldn't have to worry about this, but you might
have to enable connection validation.  Configuring this is different
for each connection pool.  iBATIS calls it a ping query, DBCP calls it
a validation query.  Instructions for configuring both are in the
iBATIS guide.  If you're using a container managed solution, you'll
have to check the documentation for your app server.

Clinton