ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two questions about iBatis
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 03:51:20 GMT
>> 1) How the implementation of PaginatedList handles large result sets?
>> Does it use cursors?

Depends on your database, your driver, your configuration and
attributes such as <select ... fetchSize="..." resultSetType="..."/>

>> 2) Why the unusual use of the ThreadLocal class in SqlMapClientImpl?
>> Why localSqlMapSession isn't declared as static?

There is not necessarily one single SqlMapClientImpl instance in a
given application, so in order to ensure that sesisons don't collide
accross instances, it's an instance field.

It's not unusual, it's correct.

Cheers,
Clinton