ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question about nullValue in resultMap.
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:19:52 GMT
Just curious: If you can have null values, why are you using primitive
values. You do realize that even if we do not call the setter, the
property holder will be set to 0 anyway, right?

public class MyBean{
  int myProp; // <-- since this MUST be initialized, the JVM sets it to 0
  public int getMyProp(){
    return myProp;
  }
  public void setMyProp(int val){
    myProp = val;
  }
  public static void main(String[] a){
    MyBean myBean = new MyBean();
    System.out.println(myBean.getMyProp()); // <-- will be 0
  }
}

So, do you have some other logig in your setter or something that
detects if it was called, or is there some other compelling reason for
this? IMO, it seems silly.

Larry