ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NestedSQLException
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:37:40 GMT
Oops, sorry - I replied just to Prashanth, not the list...
===
If you want null values, the properties *must* be Integer, not int.
You cannot represent a null value in an int.

In addition, when you create a new Shop instance, all properties of
type int are initialized to 0 (because they cannot be null), so right
away, your bean will be messed up.
===

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:53:05 -0800 (PST), Prashanth Sukumaran
<prashanthsukumaran@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> The problem is that i want to leave the value as 'NULL' coz., zero means some value.
> Is there something i can do to fix this issue by leaving int as 'NULL' and still not
have this
> error.
>
> What i am not understanding is, if you are taking the 'value' of the field from the resultset
and
> then assigning to the int variable in the bean, Why is there a NullPointer Exception?
From the