ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From ste...@teamics.com
Subject Re: 2.0.9 CLOB
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:44:31 GMT
Yes, the Oracle 10i JDBC driver it -- worked like a charm.  I love the
2.0.9 Default CLOB/BLOB Handlers.  My last project used Hibernate with
Oracle 8i and had both BLOBs and CLOBs.  Both were a pain in Hibernate.

Nathan Maves <Nathan.Maves@Sun.COM>
01/11/2005 05:03 PM
Please respond to
ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org

ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: 2.0.9 CLOB

Yes,

Download the newest jdbc drivers from oracle.  That will fix the 4kb
problem.

Nathan
On Jan 10, 2005, at 3:09 PM, Mitchell, Steve wrote:

> Can the new Default CLOB/BLOB Handlers in 2.0.9 be used with Oracle
> 9i? I looked in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-4 for
> iBATISClob.zip, but I didn't find the ZIP file there.  I tried using
> the 2.0.9 default CLOB Handler with Oracle, but it only works with
> data less than 4 KB.  If I have more than 4 KB of data I get
> "java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type:
> xxxx".
>
> My mapping looks like this:
>                <insert id="insertProductRequirement"
> parameterClass="com.serff.prl.core.ProductRequirement">
>                                INSERT INTO
>                                PRODUCT_REQ (PRODUCT_REQ_ID, DESCRIPTION,
FILING_TYPES,
>                                PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_REQ_CAT_ID,
SERFF_STATE_ID, DATE_LAST_MODIFIED,
> USER_LAST_MODIFIED, DATE_CREATED, USER_CREATED)
>                                VALUES (#id:NUMERIC#, #description:CLOB#,
#filingTypes:VARCHAR#,
>                                #product.id:NUMERIC#,
#productRequirementCategory.id:NUMERIC#,