ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tim_Ham...@mcnichols.com
Subject solution for N+1 selects
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:16:42 GMT
I'm having trouble implementing the 2.0.9 N+1 solution.  The example
posted on the wiki deals with a groupBy relationship.  Is this the only
situation where the fix applies?  I have a simple nested 1:M relationship
that I would love to used this new feature with.  Presently I am using the
old method of using a "select " parameter in the result element of my
resultMap.  I have replaced this parameter with a "resultMap" parameter.
Of course I have changed the SQL to join the necessary tables.  Must I
change my query to a QueryForList and build my result manually or should I
be able to use the same queryForObject that I was using before?  I am
getting an executeQueryForObject returned too many results exception.
Tim Hammar
Senior Programmer Analyst
McNichols Company
5501 W. Gray Street, Tampa, FL 33609-1007
P.O. Box 30300, Tampa, FL 33630-3300
Fax: 813-287-8387
tim.hammar@mcnichols.com
www.mcnichols.com