ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Engel, Gregory A" <GAEn...@Tribune.com>
Subject RE: GUI map/value object/DAO builder
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:32:41 GMT
It wouldn't be too hard. I does depend on the
database tool that is built into Jasmine.
I can make it a stand alone tool without too
much problem.
It really wasn't all that much work. I grew it
like a lava flow. That is, not much prior planning.

I haven't tried MS SQL server. I know that people here
had problems finding a driver that worked for MS SQL server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 1:02 AM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: GUI map/value object/DAO builder

Wow.  It looks like a lot of work went into that.  I think it could be
a very valuable tool.  However, it's biggest disadvantage is its
reliance on the Jasmine IDE.  It also seems that many of the problems
I had when I tried it were a result of being tied to Jasmine's data
tools (problems connecting to MS SQL Server).

Is Jasmine really doing a lot for the tool?  How hard would it be to
make it standalone?

Cheers,
Clinton