ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mitchell, Steve" <smitc...@naic.org>
Subject 2.0.9 CLOB
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:09:27 GMT
Can the new Default CLOB/BLOB Handlers in 2.0.9 be used with Oracle 9i? I looked in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-4
for iBATISClob.zip, but I didn't find the ZIP file there.  I tried using the 2.0.9 default
CLOB Handler with Oracle, but it only works with data less than 4 KB.  If I have more than
4 KB of data I get "java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: xxxx".

My mapping looks like this:
	<insert id="insertProductRequirement" parameterClass="com.serff.prl.core.ProductRequirement">
		INSERT INTO
		PRODUCT_REQ (PRODUCT_REQ_ID, DESCRIPTION, FILING_TYPES,
		PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT_REQ_CAT_ID, SERFF_STATE_ID, DATE_LAST_MODIFIED, USER_LAST_MODIFIED,
DATE_CREATED, USER_CREATED)
		VALUES (#id:NUMERIC#, #description:CLOB#, #filingTypes:VARCHAR#,
		#product.id:NUMERIC#, #productRequirementCategory.id:NUMERIC#, #state.id:NUMERIC#, #lastModified#,
#userLastModified:VARCHAR#, #dateCreated#, #userCreated:VARCHAR#)
	</insert>