ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Kris Barnhoorn" <k...@biassweb.be>
Subject RE: connection parameters
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:48:55 GMT
:)

With "code works" I meant iBatis doesn't give errors.

In the database there are special characters like è é ë etc..
and in the page there are replaced with question marks '?'.

All my pages have character encoding iso-8859-1 and the database too.

I had similar problems in the past if I didn't specify the extra
connection parameters.(useUnicode, characterEncoding)

In my pre-ibatis code I set it in a initServlet like:

BasicDataSource ds = new BasicDataSource();
ds.setDriverClassName(getInitParameter("driverClass"));
ds.setUrl(getInitParameter("jdbcURL"));
ds.setUsername(getInitParameter("user"));
ds.setPassword(getInitParameter("pwd"));
ds.setMaxActive(Integer.parseInt(getInitParameter("maxActive")));
ds.setMaxWait(Integer.parseInt(getInitParameter("maxWait")));

ds.addConnectionProperty("autoReconnect",getInitParameter("autoReconnect
"));
ds.addConnectionProperty("useUnicode",getInitParameter("useUnicode"));
ds.addConnectionProperty("characterEncoding",getInitParameter("character
Encoding"));

ds.setDefaultReadOnly(false);
ds.setDefaultAutoCommit(false);
ds.setValidationQuery(getInitParameter("validationQuery"));

greets
kris.