ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Turning transaction auto-commit off.
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:18:05 GMT
In reading over information on the Oracle JDBC driver, it says that I must
use this command to turn auto-commit off.

Connection.setAutoCommit(false);

In the sql-map-config.xml file, I find this property line.

<property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true" />

So I figure all I need to do is change this to false and recompile and
redeploy the application.  Does not work.  Still can not do a group of
executeUpdate commands and get them to rollback or commit as a whole.  They
are all inside a startTransaction/commitTransaction block with a
endTransaction being executed if a exception is thrown.

I start checking all our files to see if I can find where anything like the
Connection command is being done.  No good, nothing like it.

So, I am stuck.  I am trying to learn all this as I use it.  I have only
been working with Java, iBatis, Struts and xml for about a year.

Any pointers that any of you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Al