ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Putnam <dput...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException: JZ0SL: Unsupported SQL type 0.
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:38:45 GMT
I have loaded the source into my IDE and have walked through the storage of
my null value.

When I am in the BasicParameterMap.setParameter method, the mapping has a
jdbcType of 0 or Types.NULL, rather than a value of Types.DATE (91). Also
because the DateTypeHandler does not extend CustomTypeHandler, the code
explicitly calls ps.setNull.  It passes the jdbcType of 0 because it also
does not match the JdbcTypeRegistry.UNKNOWN (-99999999) value.  It did not
appear that any of the mapping objects had jdbcType or TypeName values, and
it may be only the null attributes that care.

Here are the values of the mapping variable inside the setParameter method.
mapping: com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.parameter.BasicParameterMapping =
{com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.parameter.BasicParameterMapping@1440}
*	propertyName: java.lang.String = "deceasedDate"
*	typeHandler: com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.TypeHandler =
{com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.DateTypeHandler@1441}
*	jdbcType: int = 0
*	jdbcTypeName: java.lang.String = null
*	nullValue: java.lang.String = null
*	mode: java.lang.String = "IN"
*	inputAllowed: boolean = true
*	outputAllowed: boolean = false
*	javaType: java.lang.Class = null
*	errorString: java.lang.String = "Check the parameter mapping for the
'deceasedDate' property."

The object is being passed by parameterClass not parameterMap in the
statement stanza of the sqlMap resource.

Hope this helps.

David

*****DISCLOSURE STATEMENT*****
This transmission may contain information which is confidential, proprietary
and privileged.  If you are not the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, note that any review, disclosure, copying, retransmission or
other use is strictly prohibited.  If you received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
your system.  This transmission is for informational purposes only, and is
not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any
financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Any
information regarding specific investments or other products is not
warranted as to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without
notice.