ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mike Fagan <mfa...@tde.com>
Subject Re: Writing SQL Maps that support both SQL Server and Oracle
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:30:49 GMT
Brian,

I think you would be best served by creating separate maps for each
database system. I went from Oracle to SQL Server and found it hard to
impossible to make the sql identical. Using separate maps also gives you
the ability to tune sql statements for the targeted RDBMS. Hopefully you
can write DB specific Type Handlers to handle all your data conversion
issues you might have so your data access code is identical.

Regards,
Mike Fagan