ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Hugo Palma <hpa...@digitalis.pt>
Subject Can't test DAO
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:02:57 GMT
I'm using Spring with iBATIS SqlMap.
I'm trying to test my DAOs with junit and easyMock.
All my DAOs extend
org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport, as such,
for doing a database operation i invoke method
getSqlMapClientTemplate().<whatever>.
What seemed like an obvious way to test the DAO was to create a mock of
the sqlMapClientTemplate object(using easyMock) so that i could
configure it's behaviour. But then the problems started. First i
couldn't get the DAO instance from the spring application context
without defining the "dataSource" and "configLocation" properties which
i shouldn't have to define for the test because i'll be using a mock
template anyway. I defined the properties anyway but then i came to a
full stop as i realized that class
org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate is in fact not an
interface, this makes it impossible for easyMock to generate a mock
object for it.

So my question is, is there any easy way i can this tests ?
If you think this is more a spring list question please tell me.

Thanks

Hugo