ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukuma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and Weblogic
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:15:50 GMT
Hi Alexandre,

I am just guessing but do try this one out.

Looks like the DAOConfig is trying to load the config xml file for ibatis.  During that time
it is
trying a Class.forName("DeferredCommentImpl").  This should actually be the one in Apache
Xerces.
If you read the apache xerces documentation they always ask you to place xerces and xerces
impl in
the beginning of your classpath.  It is possible that you weblogic jar is before the xerces
jar
and hence this problem.

Try placing xercesImpl.jar in the beginning of your classpath.

Rgds
Prashanth.

--- Alexandre Nunes <amartinsnunes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone please could help me with this?
> Does Weblogic 6.1 has support for iBatis?
> Sincerelly i don't know what's happening and i really need to make it
> work, in order to convince my manager to use ibatis............
>
> Cheers.
>

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:27:39 -0300, Alexandre Nunes
> <amartinsnunes@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > i'm implementing an application, based on the JPetStore architecture,
> > the same architecture, and i'm deploying it on a Weblogic 6.1. When i
> > run my application, a have the following error, while the system
> > initializes the DaoConfig......like follows:
> >
> > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> > Could not initialize DaoConfig.  Cause:
> > com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error while configuring
> > DaoManager.  Cause: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > weblogic.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredCommentImpl
> > Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > weblogic.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredCommentImpl
> >         at com.telefonica.webapp.rectraf.dao.DaoConfig.<clinit>(DaoConfig.java:22)
> >         at
> com.telefonica.webapp.rectraf.service.AbstractService.<init>(AbstractService.java:11)
> >         at com.telefonica.webapp.rectraf.service.EstadoService.<init>(EstadoService.java:15)
> >         at

com.telefonica.webapp.rectraf.action.tarifaChamada.ListarAction.executeAction(ListarAction.java:27)