ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unit tests
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:17:41 GMT
If I understand your question, you're asking how to unit test DAOs.

Typically, to test the DAOs themselves, I'll use an in memory database
like HSQLDB.  This allows you to test your DAO completely, including
the SQL.

To test everything that uses the DAO (like the service or client
layer), you can test those layers independent of the DAO
implementations by using a mock framework like JMock, or by simply
implementing the DAO interface with a test DAO.

Cheers,
Clinton