ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improve performance on firts access
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:52:43 GMT
If you're using SQL Maps 2.0, then here's what you want to do (in
order of importance):

1) Ensure you've specified a parameterMap or parameterClass attribute
on your statement.

2) Use an explicitly defined <resultMap> and DON'T allow remapping of
results (new 2.0.9 feature)

3) Use a JavaBean (not a Map or XML etc.)

4) Make sure all of your properties are "simple properties" (no
dot.notation, array[] access or mixed bean/map properties).

5) Try enabling bytecode enhancement in your <settings> element.

If you can do all of this, there will be NO late binding, it will all
occur at the time the SQL Map is built.

Cheers,
Clinton