ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Woods <p...@woodsfamily.ws>
Subject Re: update inside stored procedure
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:18:13 GMT
I just updated the jdbc jar from postgres, and I can now get updates
to work when calling w/ queryForObject.  Using insert or update still
throw the same exception.

On "postgresql.stat.result" a google found a poster elsewhere regarding
postgres "In your function, you return 0. My guess is that it's being
treated as a result set so that's why executeUpdate will not work."

As I understand postgres, I have to have a return of some sort in a
stored procedure, so with the above appears to be mucking the use of
insert or update in ibatis.

Anyhow, this works, though I don't know if it's ideal or not.  Thanks
again for your help (and ibatis).