ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "roberto" <robe...@theaegis.org>
Subject RE: Clarification on usage of Oracle Stored function in IBatis
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:00:25 GMT
Ok, I don't know the design/history behind your app's database, so what I'm
writing here may be way off base...

Bunch of questions follow:

What currently calls "pkg_refcur.f_refcur(?)"?

Is it currently being called by another pkg function/proc?  If it is, can
you just call that other function/proc so that it passes in the IN ref
cursor for you and passes back the OUT ref cursor?

I haven't tried to pass IN a ref cursor from a Java app, but I don't think
it's allowed since I can't figure out where/how the cursor would be closed.
Have you Ask(ed) Tom?...

(time passes)

...And I did a search on Ask Tom and got this (the reply in the 2nd to last
post from the bottom!):

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:447175862
1321#20944031859608

TinyURL if your mail reader chops that link: http://tinyurl.com/4z2tg

Can an oracle.sql.ARRAY (not sure what kind of work would be necessary to
use that with iBATIS) or XML string representation of the data be passed to
the function instead?

If the cursor that is currently being passed into the function is fairly
straightforward, can the following syntax be used instead:

select 'f_refcur' f_refcur from dual order by pkg_refcur.f_refcur( cursor(
select somecol from sometable ) )

Roberto