ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "McCarrier, Alex" <amccarr...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: Transaction deadlocks -- SOLVED
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:44:27 GMT
In iBatis 1.2.x one of our developers had put start/commit transactions
around start/end batch updates to work around a bug in iBatis.  There
was no endTransaction call.  Shortly after this, the next few statements
would eventually deadlock.

The fix was to either add the endTransaction call, or to remove the
start/commit transaction calls altogether since they aren't really
needed (transactions provided by EJB), and the bug that we were
originally working around no longer exists in iBatis 2.

-----Original Message-----
From: McCarrier, Alex [mailto:amccarrier@pointserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 1:28 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Transaction deadlocks -- update

So what I thought was transaction related seems to be related to
something else... I'm still getting these deadlocks even when I manually
control the transactions.  It's just that by manually controlling the
transaction, I stopped getting the deadlock on one particular test, but
now other tests are deadlocking when they are inside a transaction.