ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "McCarrier, Alex" <amccarr...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: Problems upgrading from 1.2.x to 2.0.8
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:06:29 GMT
FYI I found the cause of this:

There is an XSL transform in the ibatis-sqlmap-1-x.jar upgrade that does
an on the fly conversion when using the old format config files.  When
it encounters useGlobalTransactions in the settings it assumes the user
is using User Managed Transactions and tries to get the JNDI names from
the settings as well.  However, when useGlobalTransactions is set in the
old it does not necessarily mean they are using user managed
transactions, by default it means they are using external transactions.
The XSL incorrectly translates the file to JTA with JNDI name "".  It
should translate to transaction type EXTERNAL.

-----Original Message-----
From: McCarrier, Alex [mailto:amccarrier@pointserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:12 PM
To: ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Problems upgrading from 1.2.x to 2.0.8

I'm getting ClassCastExceptions on TransactionManager when trying to
load our old ibatis config file using the new iBatis libraries.

Apparently what it is trying to do is an on the fly conversion from the
old format to the new format (found by tracing through iBatis source
code).  However, we don't have anything transaction related in our
config file other than a settings option to specify using global
transactions.  We let the EJB container handle the demarcation of our
transactions.  When iBatis does the conversion, it seems to default to
using JTA transactions, tries to lookup the UserTransaction with JNDI
name "" and then throws the ClassCastException.  Any ideas on how to fix
this without having to do a manual conversion of the file (although I
will do that if that's the only way, but someone might want to add this
to the upgrade guide).

Here's the part of our config file that is causing problems:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE sql-map-config
    PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map Config 1.0//EN"
    "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-config.dtd">

<sql-map-config>

    <settings useGlobalTransactions="true"
              cacheModelsEnabled="true" />
    <!--settings useBeansMetaClasses="true"/ Investigate, suppose to be
big performance improvement-->

    <datasource name="snmDataSource"

factory-class="com.ibatis.db.sqlmap.datasource.JndiDataSourceFactory"
	          default="true" >
        <property name="DBFullJndiContext" value="java:/dsname" />
    </datasource>

	.. Rest of stuff here ...

</sql-map-config>