ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: SQL Maps and/or DAO
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:20:50 GMT
Thanks to everyone who responded.  The explanations have helped.

I am trying to compare how JPetStore is setup in relation to our
application.  We have broken our application up into functional business
units.  It looks like each unit has a domain and persistance section, but I
have not matched up where the presentation and service sections are.  Our
struts and web sections seem to be organized more along the same line as
the example.  I may need to reorganize the rest along the same lines so I
can make sure I am getting done what needs to be done.

The application seems to work fine when doing a standalone insert, update,
delete and query.  It does not work when we try to do more than one such
operation with commit/rollback being dependant on all operations succeeding
before commit.  We use startTransaction, commitTransaction and
endTransaction in both cases, but rollback on failure does not seem to occur.

I found I need to turn off the autocommit in the Oracle JDBC driver and I
think I have found where to do that.  It will turn it off for the entire
application, however.  I am hoping that this corrects the problem I am having.

Anyway, I want to thank you all again for the point in the right direction.

Al