ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject SQL Maps and/or DAO
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:38:26 GMT
1.  Can someone explain to me how the DAO framework enhances the use of SQL
Maps framework or is the DAO framework a replacement for SQL Maps
framework?  Both of them seem to be used as transaction managers.  All I am
wanting to do is some transaction processing against a Oracle database
using a JDBC connection and SQL statements.

2.  When I look at the source code files for JPetStore, I can seem to
follow what is happening.  It seems to only use SQL Maps.  Am I correct?

Once I know what the relationship between the two is, I may be able to
figure out how to complete the project I am working on.  Right now, none of
our dao.xml or sql-maps.xml files look very close to the pet store samples.

Thanks,

Al