ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Baldur Norddahl <bbn-iba...@inaphone.com>
Subject Re: session leak in ibatis 2.0.8
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:29:38 GMT
Hi,

Ok I tried to write a test script and couldn't reproduce it either. But
at last I managed to find the real bug (which can be reproduced).

My projects where converted from ibatis 1 and we had some code blocks
like this one:

SqlMapClient db = null;
try
{
  db = getSqlMapClient();
  db.startTransaction();
  db.update("something",null);
  db.commitTransaction();
  db=null;
} finally
{
  if (db!=null) db.endTransaction();
}

The problem is the null check in the last statement. iBatis 1 required
this, but iBatis2 does not release the resource unless you run
endTransaction() even if you did a commitTransaction().

So in summary, if you run commitTransaction() without endTransaction()
you get a session leak.

Another question: iBatis2 leaves all my connections in state "idle in
transaction". With iBatis1 (and other frameworks) the connections are
just in "idle" state. This is a little annoying because "idle in
transaction" is a warning signal that someone forgot a commit somewhere.
Will it be possible to add a setting to get the old behavior back?

Baldur