ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: was Re: Information about changelog - collections vs beans
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:13:04 GMT
I don't see it.

Even w/ Struts at Ziff Davis I allways had my return type set to HashMap
in iBatis, so I NEVER  have to do mapping of fields in xml .
What I do now in version 2 is returh a HashMap; an ArrayList of HashMaps
realy. (how ActionScript in Flex worked, they call it associative array
to bind to a datagrid)

I send iBatis Collections via Hessian (SoA) to Swing Table Model (JDNC)
and bind it. I deploy via WebStart. Works great.
Also I can map to a Swing Form Model (jGoodies Form Layout). On a submit
action I do commons validator in Swing like I would in Struts. So a user
enters a valid date or whatever. (way ot: I even do dynamic "tiles" in
Swing w/ add/remove in JPanels).
Swing actions send in arguments back bia Hessian to Ibatis, also a Map.
(The dispacher is commons-chain, and Context is a Map).
No where do I have getters/setters or field mapping.
Map is a Map of Objects so I know the class/instance Of the Object.
I can add fields in select statment in ibatis and it just shows up in my
Swing table w/o any code changes. Losley coupled. Zero mapping of fields
in XML or in Java.
Also, if I careate a computed or a fake field, I just put that property
in the Map.
Collections good.

(and I have 100 page or so of docs/tutorial on sandraSF.com, if someone
wants to know more about the "wrong" way. So I  locked iBatis to Hessian
for nice remote service. Also I locked iBatis to JMX so I can flush the
cache via JMX. And like I said, everything "server side" is Chain, so it
was easy to implement a remote Lucene DAO. I was planing to donate parts
to iBatis like JMX and CRUD dispatcher. Not a single bean, get set. Just
select * and jTable Model that is based on a collection).

In any case, I do not see a problem, but would like to learn what others
see as a potential problem that I do not see, since I am about to go live...
So if somone has the time or the will to educate me, I am all ears.

.V

--
RiA-SoA w/JDNC <http://www.SandraSF.com> forums
blog <http://www.sandrasf.com/adminBlog>