ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Peter Bracken <brac...@corksurf.com>
Subject iBatis Connection Management
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:19:44 GMT
Hi,

I've recently started using iBatis for one of my projects and I like it
but I'm having problems with the database connection.
By default the database stops returning results after 122 queries, after
that I get the following exception:

[6/12/2004 9:40:14] [Error getting latest messages: Server configuration
denies access to data source]
java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.connectionInit(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.Connection.connectionInit(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
        at
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.popConnection(SimpleDataSource.java:572)
        at
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.getConnection(SimpleDataSource.java:215)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.init(JdbcTransaction.java:45)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.getConnection(JdbcTransaction.java:78)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForList(GeneralStatement.java:118)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:626)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:598)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:107)
        at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForList(SqlMapClientImpl.java:76)
        at
com.corksurf.chatterbox.ChatterBoxManager.getLatestMessages(ChatterBoxManager.java:106)

It's a web-app so I thought maybe reloading the Context might do
something but no. I need to restart Tomcat to be able to run a query again.
I changed some values in the config.xml file for pooling:
         <property name="Pool.MaximumActiveConnections" value="10"/>
         <property name="Pool.MaximumIdleConnections" value="3"/>
         <property name="Pool.MaximumCheckoutTime" value="120000"/>
         <property name="Pool.TimeToWait" value="10000"/>
Now I get the exceptions after around a hundred queries.

It seems to work fine if I use a JNDI resource, which I will be doing in
my app.
I noticed this problem because I didn't have my Unit Tests configured to
use the JNDI resource.

Is it a known issue? Or is it something wrong with my config?

Thanks

Peter Bracken