ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: was Re: Information about changelog - collections vs beans
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:42:25 GMT
It's not a showstopper.  But the two biggest issues I see are:

1) Type Safety.  Doesn't need explaining.

2) Performance.  With a JavaBean, each property is essentially method
call and the setting of a reference.   With a HashMap, each property
is a method call, an object creation (Entry), a call to .hashCode(), a
possible array resize, a possible rehash, a possible collision and
call to .equals().

Cheers,
Clinton