ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I encode <sqlMap> elements directly into sql-map-config.xml?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:56:00 GMT
Hey Crarmor,

Larry's right.  iBATIS actually requires a minimum of only two files.
One SQL Map Config file, then at least one SQL Map file.  You can put
all of your mappings in that single SQL Map file.  There is no
dependency on the classes or database tables.  As a best practice I
usually recommend making intelligent decisions as to the cohesion of
the maps in each file.  I actually never recommend basing the file
organization on classes or tables (it would simply result in too many
mapping files, as I'm sure you agree).

Cheers,
Clinton